Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Those socks

I made three starts at the toe up socks and frogged all of them. The first time I read the pattern wrong, the second time I did it right, but thought it was wrong so I frogged it and the third time I did it wrong again, realised it had been right the last time when it had looked wrong and messy and decided to make the damn socks using another pattern. As a wise duck once said, once a pattern has annoyed you it can sod off.

So I have chosen another pattern from SKS, which is done rib down. No doubt I will encounter numerous problems once I get to the fancy part, but at least I know I can graft a neat toe.





4 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Have you just updated with all these posts or have I been missing you out???

So sorry to hear the news of Pud, it's so rotten to lose a pet that way as you can never be prepared (lost two myself as a younger person and frankly it's crap!!)

I did toe up with a crochet start and a short row toe and it worked OK, but that may have been luck rather than judgement. Now the heels, they were another matter.............

Badger said...

The duck is wise. Listen to the duck and she will guide you well...

~Silvia~ said...

I would always listen to 'el duckio!! Do the decent thing and knit the Sock they way grandma intended us to knit Socks!
I feel for you about Pud. Pud will always be with you in your Heart

Lily said...

really nice photos (the landscapes etc).