I finished my Spirit Tank Top today. It is blocking as I type. I am fairly pleased with it, I think, although I am hoping that the miracle of blocking will even out the stitches and make it look a little less, erm, homemade. I don't normally have a problem with unstraight stitches so I am blaming the yarn. We'll see. Anyhoo, one of the reasons that I am quite pleased with this tank is that I deviated from the pattern. I did my own thing. I designed something. All by myself (well, with a little help from Debbie Stoller.)
The original pattern was for a round neck but thought I would rather have a V.
So I did some scribbling:
Made up the decreases on the neck:
The neckband sits flat, there doesn't appear to be any stretching or excess baggage and I can still get it over my head ;)
We left it soaking
and went outside in the sunshine to play