Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mother's Day Shawl

Mum's shawl is finished and ready to hand over when she returns from her holiday in Ireland (she said she was going this weekend for a friend's birthday, but I suspect the lure of the big St Patrick's Day celebrations!)

The border wasn't too bad once I got going and I am very pleased with the finished article; I can see myself knitting this pattern again.

Pattern: Shoulder shawl in cherry leaf pattern, Victorian Lace Today
Yarn: Posh Yarns Eva (2ply, 45% cashmere, 55% silk) in colourway Willow

I had plenty of yarn to do the full 15 repeats, and it is much bigger than I was expecting it to be, maybe because my first lace shawl (the Swallowtail) was so small. I think this is a better size to wear and will make a nice evening wrap for summer. The colour has grown on me too, it seems right for this leafy shawl.



15 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

That is absoutely stunning. I saw the photos on the bloglines preview and they're much bigger so show it in all it's glory !!! Really beautiful!

Linda said...

That is gorgeous, a lovely colour and the border is nice. It looks a good size. Your Mum will love it I am sure!

Seahorse said...

Really beautiful!!!

artyfartykat said...

It looks fantastic! The colour is yummy too. What a lucky lady your mumis!

belaybunny said...

that's gorgeous, the colour is nice and I hope you're mum loves it - am sure she'll be thrilled to have such a clever daughter!!

acrylik said...

Wow, absolutely amazing! Your mum is going to love it!

Anonymous said...

YAY for the big green shawl. See, I told you it was a good colour and no one believed me.

Piglottie said...

Helen its stunning! I'm sure your mum will love it.

Fiona Reynolds said...

How beautiful! It's really lovely - I'm so impressed with the neat edging.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

gorgeous Helen and the colour is ideal for the pattern

kathryn said...

That looks lovely and the colour is gorgeous.

gilraen said...

Your shawl is georgeous! I am sure your mother will love it too. Posh Yarns lace is lovely yarn :)

Kai said...

stunning!! :)

i love the colour and you're right, it's perfect for this shawl...

Artis-Anne said...

That is a beauty and I love the colour too. How many skeins did it take as I have two in that yarn and was wondering which pattern from VLT I would use for it ?

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. <3

How did you find the knitted-on border? I keep eyeing this pattern in my VLT but I've not had to do that particular technique before.