Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

There was a lunar eclipse last night and reasonably clear skies, so we decided to walk up to our local, which is on the edge of the moors and away from the streetlights, to take some photos after dinner (and a couple of drinks in the pub too, of course). It was quite windy and there was a steady parade of patchy clouds over the moon, which kept blurring over on the photos. By the time of the totality, the clouds had come over completely, but I managed to get a couple of almost decent shots ( I really should have read the camera manual beforehand as there was lots of experimenting taking place in the cold and the wind - brr!)

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ooh, lucky! We planned to check it out here....but it was snowing at the time, so nothing to see. Oh well, hopefully next time.

Anonymous said...

We were out as well lastnight but non of us had the presents of mind to take a camera. we got home just before the total eclipse and saw how the Moon turned Copper in all it's glory..yet again non of us thought to take a photo...DOH!!

Artis-Anne said...

Oh, great shot wish I had remembered as it was a pretty clear sku gere as well:(

Fiona Reynolds said...

I saw it as we drove home from London. It was amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a very beautiful photo this is! I totally missed the lunar eclipse, so I really enjoyed seeing this pic! Thanks for sharing!

Kath said...

It's a better shot that the one my DH got! He actually woke me up to tell me there was an eclipse and made me come to the window to see it - not suprising I wasn't very apreciative! LOL!

acrylik said...

Great photo, all mine were a bit blurry - it was rather windy over the moors our way. Wasn't it a great spectacle?