Friday, June 08, 2007

Forest Canopy

Am finished! You are probably bored of looking at these shawls by now, I must be like the last person in blogdom to get around to making one. Still, at least the yarn is pretty enough to make it worth showing!

Pattern: Forest Canopy Shawl by Susan Pierce Lawrence
Yarn: Jojoland Melody in Dust Red Light Brown
Needles: 4,5mm inox circs
Size: pre-blocking 95cm x 50cm and after blocking 145cm x 65cm.

I would have liked it to be a bit bigger but I only managed an extra couple of repeats; the long rows on the last few really start eating up the yarn. I do so want a blanket sized shawl that I can wrap myself up in. There are a few in Victorian Lace Today that are huge and impressive, so if I get started soon I might have one finished by winter... with no commitment to which winter....

To give an idea of size, here is me out in the garden with it. Please excuse the scruffy hair.


22 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh it's lovely! I'm about to make a Forest Canopy. That's when I've finished my other commitments or when I can't resist the yarn anymore!

Can I just ask how many balls of Jojoland you used?

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

I love this, I haven't made one yet but after seeing yours I'm tempted. Well done
amber in lancashire

belaybunny said...

it looks very gorgeous, I love the colours.

LittleBerry said...

looks lovely Helen and I love the colour and as you know I'm not a big pink fan ;o)

aberdonian I used Jojoland Melody and I used two balls and also got out 2 exttra repeats....

Linda said...

It's fab and the colors are great! I haven't made one yet so your not the last one!!

Hellbelle said...

Thanks for the kind comments :)


Yes, like Littleberry, I used two balls of the Jojoland.

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

You can pop it in the post to me tomorrow.

Ta.

feltboots said...

Never boring to see gorgeous work like your shawl - beautiful. And it's great to see different yarns and how they work - Jojoland needs my further attention now !

Anonymous said...

So using you for scale it's about a mile across? :)

Hellbelle said...

Watch it, hoob! :(

Piglottie said...

I adore this pattern and doubt I will ever get fed up of looking at them. Yours is gorgeous, and I love the way the yarn colours have come out.

Kath said...

Thats a beautiful shawl and the colours look great. As Piglottie says it's that nice a pattern who would tire of seeing it?
I love the colours of your new yarn aquisitions as well!

Auntie Noo said...

It looks gorgeous! - I'm with you on wanting a moster sized shawl for winter though - and also with you on not stipulating which winter!!!!!

Ang said...

I could never get bored of looking at shawls, they are all so beautiful!

Badger said...

That's very nice indeed, Mrs Moo :)

Kai said...

That's a vey lovely shawl hon!!

It looks fab.. and the colours are bootiful. :)

Modelwidow said...

Never boring! They all look so different. It is such a lovely pattern and your colourway is just gorgeous.

Fiona Reynolds said...

I haven't made one yet! Yours is really beautiful.

acrylik said...

Wow, that's absolutely beautiful! I need to cast on for mine soon so I can take advantage of it this summer :) I just love the yarn you have used, gorgeous colours.

gilraen said...

Helen it is fabulous!!

I love the colours in your shawl. Is the yarn soft?

Tusa said...

That is a beauty! Well done you.

Anonymous said...

That shawl is breath-taking! What beautiful colors and what exquisite workwomanship.