Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sunny September Saturday...



The post has just arrived bringing my Opal Rainforest sock yarn and the latest copy of Knitting magazine. How happ
y am I?? :)






And here is the Opal Carnival baby cardigan completed:










This wasn't an easy pattern to follow for me. I had to make adjustments because I couldn't get the required tension without using much bigger needles and I didn't want to do that. So I used the number of stitches measurements for a larger size and changed the lengths as necessary to keep it in proportion. It measures up pretty closely to the finished measurements in the pattern, but still looks a little on the wide side for me. Still, I guess we'll find out at the end of the year whether it fits or not. Looks cute though.




1 comment:

Lara 900 said...

looks lovely!

I am just about to finish my Opal Baby Cardigan and found I had to do the same adjustments as you: I took the stitches of size 6 months to match the my gauge, and went for a size 12 months thing.