Saturday, July 05, 2008

And then there were two

My first loopy sheep was looking a bit lonely (and there was half a ball of yarn leftover) so I made it a friend. The kit makers were rather generous with the filling so I shall have lots of organic filling for the next few toys that I make, which is nice. The second sheep turned out very wonky, not sure quite why this happened and so I had to put in some long stitches through the body and tie them tightly to straighten it out. I did the feet differently too, on the first sheep I made little bases for the feet and sewed them on and on the second I just stitches around the ends of the legs and pulled them closed - this looks neater and was a lot less faff.

It is a shame that the weather decided to be crappy today, so they are indoor sheep rather than lawn sheep.

I have now started on a pair of Jitterbug socks for my sister for her birthday. There's only a cuff at the moment, so I'll take a picture when there's a bit of pattern to look at.

10 comments:

kathryn said...

They're lovely and such fun! Not bad value if you can get the two from one kit.

Silvia said...

Oh they are so lovely!!!

Linda said...

I do like the sheep, so cute!

Artis-Anne said...

How cute are they :)

Anonymous said...

LOL. I love them! Little loopy sheep. <3

Modelwidow said...

Aren't they just great, you have the beginnings of your own little flock.

K~ said...

I am a huge Cocteau Twins (1985 and earlier) fan! I have it on my list to try and get a CD of theirs. It sadly does not rise to the top. I think it was so neat to see that as one of your favorite groups. I am not familiar with any of their music after 1986.
I saw your stuff on Ravelry. I am Naturegal.
I have a blog if you care to check it out. (link on Ravelry)
Sincerely, Kirsten

Fiona Reynolds said...

Less faff is always a good thing. They're great.

Anonymous said...

oh, how cute - a second one ;)

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog by accident. The name said it all. Then discovered those marvelous loopy sheep of yours. They deserve titles as well as names, truly great job