Monday, November 13, 2006

Lovely Glovely

Sorry - the title sounded better in my head.

So this post is dedicated to all things handy. Firstly, these are the wrist warmers that went to the Keep Pie Princess Warm This Winter Effort.

And this is the first of my Fyberspates gloves. I really enjoyed making this and I learnt a lot about how to make better gloves in future! The main thing is not to be a slave to the pattern, just because it says that you should pick up x stitches, if this should leave holes then there is nothing stopping you from picking x + 1 or 2 and then decreasing on the next row (this also stands when picking up stitches for the heel of socks) and as long as you end up with the correct amount for the finger width you need, all is peachy.

10 comments:

acrylik said...

Fantastic - your Fyberspates glove is just gorgeous! Thanks for the tips too.

Anonymous said...

Those are classy, lady!!!! Very very nice!

Hawkesley said...

Gorgeous gloves and great tips. Thank you.

Modelwidow said...

They both look great, especially like the colours of the handwarmers.

Anonymous said...

The handwarmers are lovely as are the Gloves. Are the handwarmers made from Noro?

Piglottie said...

Both great, but especially like the handwarmers, lovely colours.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog today and wanted to say that I've never liked the look of handwarmers UNTIL I saw your pictures, and now I want to knit some, too!

Craftydramaqueen said...

I love your gloves, are they from Stitch n Bitch Nation?

Hellbelle said...

They are, yes - they're the Hurry Up Spring ones.

Anonymous said...

Those gloves are fabulous!!! Can I use the pic to put in my gallery?
Emial me,
Jeni
www.fyberspates.co.uk