Friday, June 20, 2008

Midsummer!

So the longest day is nearly upon us... and it's all down hill from here ;)

Nevermind, for it is a night for parties and bonfires and fun into the night (quietly, though, because of the neighbours) and celebrating the turning of the year. I'm not one for getting up early to see the sun rise, although I do hope to see it one year I never attempt it!

In other news... I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but a while back I bought myself a Wii Fit. To be honest, I haven't used it everyday and it has on more than one occasion been a little bit, how shall I put it, sarcastic about my progress. However, I have been using it a bit more regularly this week and now I shall risk Fiona's scorn for the accuracy of such measurements by saying that my BMI dropped out of the 'overweight' category today (my Mii looked rather pleased with herself) but the big story is that today, for the first time ever, my balance board didn't say 'ouch' when I stood on it. Woo hoo!

4 comments:

Kai said...

Congratulations! I have no clue on BMI's or calorie counting, or even exercising for that matter, so well done! :)

Linda said...

Sounds like you are doing well with the fitness. We dare'nt get a Wii here as we would never get anyone off it!!

Anonymous said...

It says ouch? ._. People at work have been raving about the Wii Fit and I'd been thinking about trying it, but... oi.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Congrats on the BMI drop (even if I do scorn it! :-) You need to have words with your cheeky machine. Threaten it with a chain saw.