Monday, October 10, 2005

Turning of the Year

Autumn is my favourite season. I love the last dying days of summer and the first chill days of winter approaching. Despite the weather forecaster's promises of torrential rain and possible flooding this week, I still dream of the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, chill clear autumn days and going for walks, wrapped up in scarves and mittens. So, in tribute to these unfeasible fantasies, here are some signs of autumn that I've noticed of late.


Moorland turning from green to brown - up on the tops near Holmbridge and Digley Reservoir.






Holly berries - maybe I should have saved this one for later in the year...
















Blackberries were growing all along the coastal paths in Pembrokeshire, mostly a bit unripe when we were there, but I bet they're fabulous now.

No comments: