Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Cauliflower Cheese Burgers

Having bought a cauliflower last week and then not done anything with it,  I've spent a while over the last few days thinking about it and browsing recipes.  Eventually I decided to make cauliflower cheese grills. Or at least something like them. The frozen ones you can buy were a staple part of my diet while at university and I have fond memories of them, apart perhaps from the one I left under the grill for too long and burnt a hole right through the middle of it. 

I used the lovely Rachel Khoo's recipe,  using mashed potato rather than the haricot beans. Next time,  and there will be a next time, I will use the beans or chickpeas which should mean that they're more solid.

They were quite labour intensive and by the time I'd made them, I really couldn't muster the energy to do more than slice some lettuce and peppers to go with them, but they were delicious served with my mustard mayonnaise.

No comments: